Constituency: Hazel Grove
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: William Wragg MP (Hazel Grove)
Location: Marple, Stockport, United Kingdom (constituency office)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales – dependent on experience
Length of Contract: Permanent
Job Description: William Wragg MP is looking for a constituency-based caseworker to support him in his role helping local residents across the Hazel Grove constituency. The role will be based in the constituency office in Marple, Stockport. This is a full-time, permanent role (37.5hrs per week), with a six-month initial probationary period.
- Assist surgeries and other meetings and follow up as appropriate
- Critically analyse patterns of enquiries and articulate the findings in reports and communication with the MP and other staff members.
- Deal with large numbers of standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face. Ongoing communication may be required
- Draft responses to constituents.
- Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the data protection legislation.
- Ensure that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately.
- Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases.
- Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken.
- Manage and monitor social media enquiries, dealing with cases that do not need to be transferred to a higher level.
- Ensure all enquiries are dealt with in a timely manner.
- There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of the normal working hours and travel for work occasionally.
• Assisting individuals from diverse backgrounds with their concerns.
• Keeping detailed records and maintaining administrative systems.
• Drafting and sending out high volumes of written correspondence.
• Dealing with personal and sensitive data.
• Using casework management software – (training will be provided)
Skills and Aptitudes
• Strong administrative skills, with demonstrable experience of managing a heavy workload whilst working calmly under pressure.
• The ability to prioritise and complete tasks efficiently and effectively and work to tight deadlines.
• Excellent written and IT Skills (Microsoft Office and Teams).
• Ability to draft correspondence to a high standard and with attention to detail.
• Ability to converse with a wide range of people.
You can access the Application Form below or you can telephone 0207 219 0133 if alternative access is needed. Closing date: Monday 19th July 2021. Please email completed Application Forms and CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org – Subject Line: Job Application- Caseworker
Interviews will take place week commencing Monday 26th July 2021.
Start date: to be agreed
Please note that security checks will need to be carried out in accordance with House of Commons guidance prior to an offer of employment being made.